- The big gigs across Wales in 2020 you have to get tickets for - Whatever your musical taste, from Stormzy to Michael Buble, Stereophonics to Barry Manilow, the gigs in Wales for 2020 are not to be missed. There are lots of great music gigs in Wales in 2020. Both indoor and outdoor arena shows will have you rocking, thrashing, or smooching in the aisles. We've got Grammy and Brit Award-winners and Spotify record-breakers, legends, and new faces all heading our way. Of course there are going to be outdoor gigs in Cardiff Castle again while Rammstein are at the Principality Stadium and Cardiff City Stadium sees visits from Little Mix and Westlife... Barry Manilow: Following his headline sold-out performance at the BBC Proms in the Park in London last summer and 17 sold-out concerts on Broadway, Manilow announced that he will return to the UK in 2020 for a limited number of arena concerts and one of them is in Wales. When: Tuesday, June 2. Where: Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff. Tickets can be bought here. (Wales Online, 30 December 2019)
- New Year's Eve playlist: 12 songs to ring in 2020 - Well, that happened quickly. It's the end of the year and the final hours of the decade. Both have been great in music: With 2019 albums from Taylor Swift ("Lover") and Billie Eilish ("When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?") and decade-best songs from Lady Gaga ("Born This Way") and Beyonce ("Flawless"). Now that it's New Year's Eve, it's time to think about what songs you'd like to help ring in 2020. We compiled a playlist of some of our old and new favorites, spanning pop (ABBA), rock (Eagles) and country royalty (Kacey Musgraves).
"New Year's Day," U2
"Auld Lang Syne – The New Year's Anthem," Mariah Carey
"Funky New Year," Eagles
"Happy New Year," ABBA
"New Year's Day," Taylor Swift
"Let's Start the New Year Right," Bing Crosby
"New Year's Prayer," Jeff Buckley
"New Year's Day," Hootie & The Blowfish
"What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?" Kacey Musgraves
"New Year," Beach House
"The New Year," Death Cab for Cutie
"It's Just Another New Year's Eve," Barry Manilow
(USA Today, 12/27/2019)
- Westgate Announces January & February 2020 Entertainment - Barry Manilow: The Hits Come Home. Dates: February 13, 14, 15, 20, 21 and 22; March 5, 6, 7, 26, 27 and 28. Time: 7:00 p.m. Venue: Westgate International Theater. Tickets: Tickets will range in price from $49.75 to $329.75 plus tax and applicable fees. Description: GRAMMY®, TONY®, and EMMY® Award-winning singer-songwriter, arranger, producer and musician Barry Manilow is returning to Las Vegas with a brand-new stage production to perform his extensive catalog of hits as the exclusive headliner at the Westgate International Theater at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino. The legendary entertainer will return to where he previously made his spectacular residency debut on February 24, 2005. The 85-minute show will celebrate Barry Manilow’s greatest hits. Tickets for show dates through November 2020 are currently on sale. Dates include February 13-15, February 20-22; March 5-7, March 26-28; April 11-13, April 18-20; May 9-11; May 23-25; June 6-8; June 13-15. (Gaming Today, 12/27/2019)
- Kats! Awards are in - The Kats! Bureau was unstoppable in 2019 ... Once again, we close the year with a blast of C02 cannons and a burst of golden confetti with my own awards to the those deserving figures in VegasVille ... Let’s hit it: ... [For] Broadway-Vegas Ambassador Award: Barry Manilow, who lit up Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in the finale of his 17-show run in his native New York City in August. Immediately afterward, he said he wanted to extend his residency at International Theater at Westgate Las Vegas. The hotel was listening, and Manilow is booked through November 2020. We understand Rico still wears a diamond, and Lola is in recovery... (Las Vegas Review-Journal, 12/24/2019)
- 'Rumour' Has It: Only 5 Albums Were #1 in 1977 - In an unusual circumstance, only five albums reached #1 that year, according to the Record World sales charts. And one so thoroughly dominated sales, that it remains the sixth biggest album of all-time in the States. Here’s a recap of 1977’s chart topping albums in the U.S. [Note: A few titles that didn’t reach #1 on Record World, hit the top on its rival, Billboard.]: A Star is Born (Original Soundtrack) (7 weeks) ... Eagles – Hotel California (11) ... Fleetwood Mac – Rumours (32) ... Stevie Wonder – Songs in the Key of Life (1) ... Barry Manilow Live (1): The hitmaker was in the midst of a stretch of five consecutive Top 10 studio albums. His singles were Top 40 favorites, earning the singer-songwriter three #1s in that same span. This live collection was recorded in New York City. The May release reached #1 on July 2. (Best Classic Bands, 12/22/2019)
- Manilow’s ‘Harmony’ pushes back premiere - “Harmony,” a new musical by Barry Manilow about a real-life band in Weimar Germany, was supposed to be produced this winter by the National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene at the Museum of Jewish Heritage. However, the production has been pushed back to 2021 due to recent illness and scheduling conflicts on the part of director-choreographer Warren Carlyle. The Folksbiene is currently presenting “The Sorceress,” a 19th-century Yiddish-language fairy tale operetta, at the museum. (AM New York, 12/10/2019)
- Listen for your chance to win The Manilow Las Vegas Holiday Prize Package! - Are you looking to gift someone the ultimate holiday gift this year? You could have the chance to win two VIP tickets to Barry Manilow: Las Vegas, The Hits Come Home as he returns to his residency at the International Theater at the Westgate February 12th through November 21st! You’ll also get a two night stay at the Westgate Las Vegas, Serenity Spa experience, dining for two at Edge Steakhouse and a travel voucher to help get you there!
Listen to the Mark Thompson show every weekday starting Tuesday December 3rd through Friday December 13th for your chance to score the Manilow Las Vegas Holiday Prize Package! All you have to do is listen for the cue to call, be caller #8 and you are qualified! From the 8 qualifiers, a winner will be picked and announced on Mark’s show on Monday December 16th. For official contest rules, click here.
Manilow Las Vegas Holiday Prize Package includes:
- Two VIP tickets to Barry Manilow: Las Vegas, The Hits Come Home as he returns to his residency at the International Theater at The Westgate February 13th – November 21st.
- Two night stay at the Westgate Las Vegas
- Serenity Spa Experience
- Dining for two at Edge Steakhouse
- $400 travel voucher
About Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino: A legendary world-class destination, offers a unique blend of amenities and excitement with all your favorite table games, hottest slots on the market, incredible restaurants, endless entertainment, more than 225,000 square feet of meeting space and the world’s largest Race & Sports SuperBook®, which is home to Nevada’s largest wagering system and more than 4,488 square feet of state-of-the-art HD video screens, in a comfortable, smoke-free environment. Westgate Las Vegas provides a range of culinary adventures with eight restaurants, including the world-famous Benihana, the award-winning Edge Steakhouse and the newest addition Fresco Italiano. The property features entertainment options in the International Theater and the Westgate Cabaret and has recently undergone a more than $150 million renovation, that has encompassed every square inch of the property, including the addition of 300 timeshare villas, the all-new International Bar, a fully renovated pool deck, 1,200 remodeled Signature Rooms and the luxurious Serenity Spa, which was recently awarded the 2017 Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award. For more information or to book accommodations, call toll free at (800) 732-7117 or log on to WestgateLasVegas.com. For more show information and how to purchase your tickets, click here! (KGO Radio 810, 12/2/2019)