- Release Date: November 1984
- Produced and Arranged by Barry Manilow
- Musicians: George Duvivier (Bass), Mundell Lowe (Guitar), Barry Manilow (Piano), Shelly Manne (Drums), Bill Mays (Piano and Rhodes), Gerry Mulligan (Baritone Sax)
- Digitally Recorded at Westlake Studio 'C', Los Angeles, California, by Michael Braunstein
- Assistant Engineer - Deni King
- Album Coordinator - Eric Borenstein
- Assistant to Barry Manilow - Roger Wall
- Contractor - Shaun Harris
- Art Direction - Ria Lewerke
- Logo Design - Sue Reilly & Barry Manilow
- Front Cover Photography - Leon Lecash
- Back Cover Photography - Jay Thompson
- Grooming - Charles Mercuri
- 2nd Assistant Engineer - Greg Laney
- Special Thanks to Garry Kief, Richard Goldman, Les Joyce, Irene Minett, Walt Zifkin, Michael Ameen, Clive Davis, Tucker Cheadle, Roberta Kent, Nina Foch, Karl Ellis, Lou Genetti, Susan Borgeson, Rebecca Larsen, Bill Swan, Jack Pierce, and of course, Linda, Bagel and Biscuit.
- Extra Thanks to all of my friends and fans for giving me the encouragement and support to make this album. This album that I love so madly.
- Loving Thanks to my Step Father, Willie Murphy, for introducing me to this kind of music before I knew that I was blessed.
- This One's For You, Mom!
- Barry Manilow plays a Yamaha C-5 piano.
- Remastered (Manilow Master) CD (1996)
- 20 BIT DIGITAL MASTERING FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES: 1996
Remastered by Wally Traugott at Tower Mastering/Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA (Arista 07822-18945-2)
This album was more than just another album for me. It served to remind me of why I had gotten into the music business.
The title and the concept came to me in a dream. I always know I'm onto something when I get ideas in dreams. These projects always go smoothly. PARADISE CAFE was composed and recorded in less than two months.
My dear writing colleagues and I finished composing all the songs within weeks. It took no time for me to arrange the entire album. And all the stellar musicians and singers agreed to join me without hesitation.
Working with these legendary men and women for an entire week was a thrill I will never forget. Hearing them play and sing my music was one of the most profound gifts I have ever received.
Out of all my albums, this is the one I'd like to be remembered for.
Barry Manilow (1996)
- "Paradise Cafe", 1984 Townsway Music, Appoggiatura Music, Camp Songs Music (BMI)
- "Where Have You Gone", 1984 Townsway Music, Angela Music (BMI)
- "Say No More", 1984 Townsway Music, Angela Music (BMI)
- "Blue", 1984 Townsway Music, Appoggiatura Music, Camp Songs Music (BMI)
- "When October Goes", 1984 Townsway Music (BMI), Ginger Music (ASCAP) (BMI)
- "What Am I Doin' Here", 1984 Townsway Music, SwaneeBRAVO! Music (BMI)
- "Good-Bye My Love", 1980 Townsway Music, Angela Music (BMI)
- "Big City Blues", 1984 Townsway Music, Angela Music (BMI)
- "When Love Is Gone", 1984 Townsway Music (BMI), Cityscape Music (ASCAP) (BMI)
- "I've Never Been So Low On Love", 1984 Townsway Music, SwaneeBRAVO! Music (BMI)
- "Night Song", 1984 Townsway Music, Appoggiatura Music, Camp Songs Music (BMI)
- Barry Manilow International Fan Club (Covina, California) listed
- LP inner sleeve contains lyrics